By Lashes Make-up Studio
Transcribed by Lisa Shrestha
The wedding is a time of making merriment and is a very special day in the life of a woman. So, there are many things to be taken care of and executed along with everything else. Amongst them all, bridal make-up is very important for the bride to look radiant and beautiful in the middle of all the haste and heat. Besides, the makeup should complement the wedding outfit and the wedding jewellery without overpowering the entire look.
Here are the steps to create flawless bridal make-up and to ensure that the bride’s day is beautiful and memorable:
- First and foremost, the basic step is to cleanse your face to get rid of any grease or make-up residues.
- Apply a thin layer of primer to smoothen and even out your skin tone and texture.
- Apply concealer on parts to conceal dark circles and unnecessary blemishes.
- Now, it’s time to apply the base. Make sure that your base matches your skin tone. Cover your face, neck and jawline properly with the foundation using a blender pad or your fingertips.
- Apply compact powder on your face to help set the foundation properly using a fluffy brush.
- Next, start with the contour- use highlighters on the middle of your forehead, bridge of the nose, the area under eye, jawline, and on the chin. Then use a bronzer to contour on the empty areas.
- Pick a blush considering your skin tone and the lip colour you’ll be going with. Preferably you can use a dusty blush to highlight your cheekbones.
- The next important step is eye makeup:
- Starting from the inside-out of the eye and moving outwards, apply the golden shadow using a shadow brush. Apply another coat of the same colour towards the eye corner and blend properly.
- Draw a winged-line with a black coloured shadow from the outer corner of the eye and blend it with the golden shadow to leave a smoky effect.
- Now put your selected shades in place of the golden and black colour.
- Now swipe an eyeliner from the inner corner of your eye towards the outside drawing it thicker as you go outside.
- Then, glue the false lashes if you’ll be using one or just apply a volumising and curling mascara to give your lashes a longer and thicker look.
- Apply a mild amount of mascara on the lower lashes as well.
- Use your eyebrow pencil to shape your eyebrows without overdoing it.
- Finally to get your lips done, apply a thin layer of foundation on the lips. Draw the outline with the lip liner of the same shade as your lipstick. Then, fill in the lipstick shade of your choice and wait for it to be set. Apply another coat on top of it.