As the Voice of Nepal, the first-ever Nepal’s edition of the world’s biggest reality singing show, has already started its journey from today where the contestants will be singing on a 360-degree-designed stage—housed in a 100 ft X 100 ft studio—the music geniuses like Pramod Kharel, Sanup Paudel, Abhaya Subba, and Deep Shrestha, as coaches, have started doing their best to bring out the best singer as The Voice of Nepal.
Coach Abhaya Subba talks with WAVE and shares what she is up to.
- Uniqueness of The Voice: Though it is a challenge among the contestants, it is a challenge for the coaches as well. We are the coaches, not the critics.
- The Voice is not for: Someone who is looking for fame and overnight success. Those who come here will be those who are willing to make a contribution to Nepali music.
- Your strength: In an industry full of men, I’ve fallen and risen. I’ve never given up. I’ve kept going even though hurdles have kept coming before me. Perhaps, contestants will look forward to my quality of strengthening the belief.
- Qualities you look in your team members: Anyone can have a singing voice can work on it, but I will be looking for someone who has pain in the voice and whose singing goes deep into the skin.
- Contestants who will choose you: Someone who has more to offer through music besides doing music will choose me.
- Your focus on coaching: Only competent singers will be qualified for The Voice; so, I will focus on developing their strength and confidence and help them reach their potential. When singing is concerned, I will teach them the tricks of singing both high and low notes. I will bring the joy and emotions of being a human being. They’ll hate me now and love me later.
- Difficult genre for you: I don’t think different genres are going be a problem unless they sign dohori, a genre which has a different technique.
- Contribution of The Voice: The Voice will lift us into the international realm, giving us a global voice which will help us grow, hopefully.
“CONTESTANTS ARE ALLOWED TO SING SONGS OF ANY LANGUAGE—EXCEPT HINDI—AND THIS IS THE FIRST-EVER CHANCE FOR CONTESTANTS PARTICIPATING IN A REALITY TV SHOW OF NEPAL.”