Nine ICT experts were awarded under seven different categories for their contribution in the development of information and technology of Nepal during a award ceremony function of the third itineration of Netgear ICT Award 2018 that took place in the capital on August 17.
During the event organised by Living with ICT, Minister for Information and Communication Gokul Baskota, who had handed over the awards to the awards recipients, said, “This awards function proves that Nepal is advancing ahead with the development in information and technology. Even the government of Nepal is making ICT-friendly policies and infrastructures to ensure enabling environment for the development of the sector.”
Hempal Shrestha, coordinator of the jury said, “We had received a total of 120 online entries and the 10-member panel of jury had studied top entries by interviewing them, visiting their offices, and considering online votes.”
Around 450 individuals had participated in the event and had represented various government ministries and departments, banks, insurance companies and others. Besides, entrepreneurs and top-level officials related in telecommunication sector had actively participated in the event.
The winners are:
1. ICT Start-up Award: People Development Lab, a multinational computer networking company
2. ICT Product Award: I Solutions Life, an insurance management software
3. Jury Special Mention Award: Sarathi
4. ICT Pioneer Award: Sanjeev Bhandari, Founder of Mercantile Communication
5. ICT Entrepreneur Award: Bishwas Dhakal, Chairperson of F1Soft International Pvt. Ltd., a company that has brought innovative inventions such as Esewa, Bank Smart, Bannnk Ex, and Viber banking.
6. ICT Diaspora Award: Himal Karmacharya, Executive Chief of Leapfrog Technology
7. Digital Governance ICT Award: Nepal Police
8. ICT Media Recognition Award, Santosh Neupane (Nagarik, Republic Media) and Gopal Saud (Naya Patrika)