Text by Shrisha Nepal
Photos by Satyan Shrestha
No one can accomplish targets overnight. One has to pull in sweat and effort. I am always guided by 5 rules:
- Will power
- Follow the above rules
It was my hobby to become a bodybuilder. Later, it transformed into a passion, and now, it has remained a lifestyle and career.
Even if I am 33 years old, I have the confidence to dream that this is what I will do for the rest of my life. I still have 40 years ahead to compete in national and international bodybuilding competitions.
Answer to a question
One day, as I was leaving my house for gym facility, my mother asked me if I still need to go to the gym, given that I was already a bodybuilder. My answer was simple. “We eat ‘Daal-Bhaat’ every day, don’t we? Just like we eat ”Daal-Bhaat’, I need to train myself everyday because it is a huge part of my life that keeps me going. My day does not complete without a session of work-out.”
I have changed my field of work quite a number of times. I have worked as a Graphic Designer, a PR Officer and a Nutrition Guide. Though I was working in other sectors, I never gave up working out to remain fit or participating in bodybuilding competitions.
In earlier years, supplements were not easily available and developing a desired body was tough for bodybuilders; but today,
many supplements are available according to the needs of a body. I take my supplements and proteins from Diet Nepal, and these effective supplements have no side effects.
45 minutes of workouts and exercises is enough to have a comfortable lifetime.
Major Rewards and Acknowledgements
- Claimed gold medal in the 75 kg weight category of the 50th Asian Body Building Championship in Thimpu, Bhutan, in 2016.
- Secured 1st position in 75 kg weight category of Mr. Nepal 2015, organized by National Sports Council, Kathmandu.
- Claimed gold medal in First Nation-wide Bodybuilding Championship, organized by HKNFBF (Hong Kong Nepal Federation of Bodybuilding & Fitness) in 2015.
- Claimed gold during National Worldwide Bodybuilding Championship 2014, organized by Nepal Byayam Mandir.
- Secured 2nd position during National Worldwide Bodybuilding Championship, organized by Bullsmen gym & Fitness, Pokhara in 2013.
- Claimed gold medal in 75 kg weight category of 12th Dharma Shree (National Worldwide Bodybuilding Championship) in 2012.
- Secured first position in 75 kg weight category of Mr. Nepal 2012, organized by National Sports Council, Kathmandu.
- Awarded as a member of the 1st Runner-Up Team at the Ramadan Inter Departmental Football Tournament, held on 25th August 2009, U.A.E.
- Claimed gold medal in 75 kg weight category of 2nd Mr. Himalaya, organized by National Sports Council, in 2006.
- Awarded as ‘Best Physical Fitness Instructor’ by Universal Gym, Nardevi, Kathmandu, in 2005.