Words from Pramod Kharel, coach of The Voice of Nepal
As the Voice of Nepal, the first-ever Nepal’s edition of the world’s biggest reality singing show, has already started its journey from today where the contestants will be singing on a 360-degree-designed stage—housed in a 100 ft X 100 ft studio—the music geniuses like Pramod Kharel, Sanup Paudel, Abhaya Subba, and Deep Shrestha, as coaches, have started doing their best to bring out the best singer as The Voice of Nepal.
Coach Pramod Kharel talks with WAVE and shares what he is up to.
- Uniqueness of The Voice: It is the biggest singing reality show in the world, and it explains it all. Blind auditions will help only the best voice to get selected, and we will be coaching instead of judging.
- Opportunity for the contestants: It is a huge platform, and not only the winner but also the ‘Top 10’ contestants getting a once-in-a-lifetime chance to show their skills to the audience, music composers, filmmakers, and others. It’s up to them on how to take opportunities that are plenty in the market.
- Contestants who will choose you: I have no assumptions as such. However, those who believe in me like I believe in them, those who like my flavour, my music, and those who believe that we can have a brotherly time while having a vision of winning shall come to me.
- Your tactics to shape-up your team members: First, it’s important to understand their voice and their nature, their song choices, interests, strengths, weaknesses, and second, to find a way to take them ahead in the most justified manner. I’ll do my best to make them as perfect as possible. I will give my best to compel the audience to go ‘wow’ in their presentation and performance and to ensure this, I will work to make them confident.
- Difficult genre for you: Format of music matters the most. However, most contestants will sing mainstream songs; but even if a contestant sings a song in a language that I’m not comfortable with, it will not be a problem because music is a universal language.
“Those who believe in me like I believe in them, those who like my flavour, my music, and those who believe that we can have a brotherly time while having a vision of winning shall come to me.” – Pramod Kharel